Sunday, April 21, 2013

Breaking in my rigid SS 29er


It's time to break in my rigid SS 29er.

Saturday, I pedaled all the way from Novaliches to San Mateo, Rizal.  The uphill climb to Timberland Heights was again grueling.  I made it to the gate in 3 stops only.  The bumpy ride along the Maarat basic trail was enjoyable.  But, on my way to Giant, I was hearing noises from the crank.
I decided to pedal back and have it checked.  The culprit was the worn chain; and, it was replaced by a new one. 

Sunday, my route was Novaliches - Tungko - Macabud - San Mateo - Novaliches.  The ride was okay except on steeper climbs - the chain was skipping and I had to push my bike up.
 I will have my bike checked again.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's been checked and perfectly aligned. I hope to find the cause and the solution soonest.

      Delete