Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm now biking

For some time, I’ve been shopping around for a bike. Actually, I already saw one that I like with a tag of P15,000 ($320), but I had second thought. I’d like to determine first whether this exercise is for me or not before buying a better and expensive unit. So, I let a night passed and thought it over. When I woke up the following morning, I decided on buying the low end unit only. Should I decide not to continue biking or upgrade the bike to a high end unit, I would just give or donate this bike away; and, it wouldn’t break my heart.

I went to the nearest bicycle store and chose a unit. Its tag was P3,000; but, I was able to bargain at P2,600. It looks like a mountain bike with 24 gears but no suspensions.

First, I named my bike as “BikePot”. Then, I rode it to try on how the gears work. It’s the first time I used a bike with gears. It’s been a long long time since I last rode a bike. He he he . . .

Yesterday afternoon, I broke in my BikePot around UP Diliman Academic Oval. It's working good, so far!

Offhand, I think I would love this exercise. But, I’d keep walking as my other exercise.

2 comments:

  1. bro same din ako ngayon. meron akong 15k na bike na gusto sa Spokes. Kaya lang, habang nagiipon, gusto ko muna bumili ng 2,500 na bike na inooffer sakin sa may kamias.

    Ano sa palagay mo, ipon muna ako? or bilhin ko na yung entry level na bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pwede mo munang bilhin yung P2,500 habang nag-iipon ka pa para nakakapadyak ka na.

    Just make it sure na yung bike ay right size for you.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete