Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Aching muscles


When I woke up this morning, I felt my leg muscles are aching.  This is the result of my 66-kilometer ride yesterday on single speed (SS).

I used to take the route, Novaliches - Tungko - Macabud - San Mateo - Novaliches, on my 29er geared bike.  And, this is the first time I used my SS 26er bike in this route.  Besides, this is my longest ride since almost two months.

With SS, one relies solely on the leg power, coupled by some techniques, to manage uphills.  I'm still newbie on SS and still training and practicing.  And, I think I overworked by legs.  Unlike in a geared bike, the gears are downshifted to a ratio needed by a biker to climb uphills - the bike helps the biker.

I'm hoping the pains would subside by Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment