Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My short ride in Balanga City


I usually bike either in UP Diliman Academic Oval or in Neopolitan Business Park. When there's time, I also bike inside our village.

Yesterday, I biked out of town - in Balanga City. It wasn't intentional but incidental only. We're going to visit my sister-in-law, who lives there. Since there's still space in the car, I brought along AlitePot hoping to explore the city with her; i.e, if there's time to do so.

It was raining cats and dogs when we arrived at about 10:30 am. I just hoped that it would stop so I could execute my plan.

At about 2:00 PM, I unloaded AlitePot, replaced her front wheel and seat, donned my gears, and set off. I was proceeding to the Bird Watching Site in Barangay Puerto Rivas. Then, I realized I forgot my mobile phone. I turned back, got my phone, and proceeded back to my destination. I found the site and pedaled along the long trail. I haven't reached the end of the trail yet; but, I already decided to turn back. At the subdivision, I made several rounds at the plaza and concluded my short ride.

I wished I'd ridden for a longer time but the heat of the sun was so intense it's scorching my exposed skin. Also, I ran out of time, we'd leaving for Manila by 4:00 PM.

Short but it's an enjoyable ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment