Sunday, September 27, 2009

Exploring University of the Philippines - Diliman

Typhoon Ondoy was no longer pestering Metro Manila although he's still somewhere in the Philippine area of responsibility. Yesterday, Ondoy flooded and wreaked havoc to most areas in the metropolis and nearby provinces.

There's no more rain this morning; so, I proceeded to San Mateo to continue my training for uphill climb. However, I wasn't able to reach my destination due to heavy traffic along San Mateo Road. After 45 minutes in traffic, I decided to turn back and proceeded to UP Diliman instead. I learned later that the bridge was occupied by the residents in the area restricting the flow of traffic.

In UPD, I normally pedal around the academic oval; but, this time, I didn't. Instead, I explored the inner campus of the university and took this route:

  • From the parking of UP School of Economics, I pedaled to E. Ma. Guerrero / Gomburza Streets;
  • passed at UP Hotel driveway;
  • returned to Gomburza St.;
  • turned left to Juan Luna St.;
  • turned right to Magsaysay Ave.;
  • turned right to the road leading to College of Human Kinetics;
  • turned left to Ylanan St. up to the Commonwealth gate and turned back;
  • turned right to Magsaysay Ave. up to the Commission of Human Rights entrance;
  • turned left and turned left again;
  • turned right to E. Jacinto Ave. and went inside the Veterinary Hospital Compound;
  • got out and turned right to E. Jacinto Ave. up to the gate at CP Garcia then turned back;
  • turned right to Lakandula St.;
  • turned right to E. delos Santos St.;
  • turned right to Pardo de Tavera up to the gate at CP Garcia then turned back;
  • turned right to F. Maramag up to the Executive House then turned back;
  • turned right to Pardo de Tavera / Quirino Ave.;
  • turned left to Africa St.;
  • turned right to the Academic Oval; and,
  • finally, turned right to and braked at my starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment