Saturday, April 10, 2010

I pedal all the way to Bataan

Yesterday, the Filipinos celebrated the Araw ng Kagitingan. It's the day of the Fall of Bataan. The commemoration was mainly celebrated in Mount Samat in Pilar, Bataan.

To take part in the celebration, not in actual celebration, I pedaled all the way to Bataan province.

This is the route I'd taken:

Novaliches via:
  • Urduja Subdivision
  • Congressional Road
  • Meycauayan City
  • Manila North Road
  • McArthur Highway
  • Olongapo Gapan Road
  • Bataan National Road
I traversed the following 19 towns:
  • Caloocan City North
  • Meycauayan City
  • Marilao
  • Bocaue
  • Balagtas
  • Guiguinto
  • Malolos
  • Calumpit
  • Apalit
  • Minalin
  • Sto. Tomas
  • San Fernando
  • Bacolor
  • Guagua
  • Lubao
  • Hermosa
  • Orani
  • Samal
  • Abucay
The total distance is about 110 kilometers, which took me about 9 hours. I left home at 6:30 am and arrived Balanga at 3:30 pm.

I went home by riding a bus. From the bus stop at EDSA Quezon Avenue, I again pedaled all the way to Novaliches. I arrived home at about 9:30 pm.

Malolos boundary arch

Bulacan Provincial Capitol

McArthur Highway, Malolos

McArthur Highway, Minalin


My lunch of sisig kariman and shrimp siomai in a convenience store in Guagua

Gapan-Olongapo Road, Lubao

Finally, I reached the first town of Bataan - Hermosa

Layac, Dinalupihan

Orani Municipal Hall

Memorial at Orani Park

National Road, Balanga

Balanga junction (end of the line)

My merienda of dinuguan before going home

By bus in going home

AlitePot in the bus compartment

From the bus stop at EDSA - Quezon Ave., I pedaled all the way home



No comments:

Post a Comment