Sunday, April 18, 2010

I join the 12th Tour of the Fireflies

My out of town trip today didn't push through. And, I was able to join the 12th Tour of the Fireflies.

I woke up early; so, I could pedal all the way to the starting line in Tiendesitas, Pasig City. That's about 21 kilometers one-way. I passed by Neopolitan Business Park to join other bikers for the pedal all the way. But, only Jerome showed up. The two of us left Neopolitan at about 5:45 am and passed through Commonwealth Avenue - Tandang Sora - Katipunan Avenue - White Plains - Ortigas Avenue. We arrived at Tiendesitas an hour later.

The total participants was estimated at more than 10,000. The total distance of the route is about 40 kilometers. In the process, gridlocks were created along the way to the discontentment of the affected motorists and pedestrians. At the Ayala Avenue, the bikers stopped over for a breather and for another program.

It was indeed an enjoyable experience joining this kind of biking event.




A fellow PMTBiker, Jerome, who rode with me from Neopolitan to Tiendesitas. Nice meeting you and riding with you.




When we arrived, the pack's ready to pedal just waiting for the go signal.


Along FVR Road









Stop-over along Ayala Avenue, Makati City


The biking beauties

My bike - AlitePot

Along Makati Avenue

At the Makati-Mandaluyong bridge

The biking plant

At the finish line, the bikers were treated with showers.

Nice looking green bike

The biking plumber and his bike with full of faucets

On my way home approaching Katipunan - Aurora flyover

My lunch of siomai fried rice at a Chinese Restaurant near Ever Commonwealth







1 comment:

  1. Nice photos of the tour. Ako, hindi nakakuha ng photo kasi when the peloton rolled out, I was at the tailend assigned as sweeper...

    ReplyDelete