Sunday, April 4, 2010

Holy Saturday ride (Novaliches to San Mateo, Norzagaray, Bulacan)

My planned route was:
  • San Jose del Monte City
  • Norzagaray
  • Angat
  • Bustos
  • Vice versa
I left home at about 11:00 am and pedaled north to Bulacan. I reached Norzagaray after 50 minutes. At the crossroad, however, I didn't know where to turn to. I stopped, opened my communicator and consulted my map. But, I couldn't figure out where I was.

I turned left but turned back after pedaling a few kilometers. Then, I went the other way.

It was a long uphill climb. After riding for sometime, I felt I was lost. So, I stopped at a store, bought a softdrink, then asked for direction. I was on the wrong way, all right. The store owner told me that I was going to Hilltop and gave me the directions to Angat. "It's okay and thank you very much", I told her. After paying, I proceeded going to Hilltop.

On another crossroad, there's a sign - straight ahead to Ipo Dam, turn left to Hilltop. I took the former. At the Ipo Dam gate, however, the guard didn't allow me to enter. I pedaled back and went up to Hilltop. I ended up (or down) to the bridge at the boundary of Barangays San Mateo and San Lorenzo.












This is a nice place for summer getaway

It' 2:30 pm already and time to go back home.

Arroz Caldo and Tokwa't Baboy for my merienda (and lunch too).

No comments:

Post a Comment