Monday, February 15, 2010

Beyond Giant

Two Saturdays ago (February 6) I finally reached Giant, all right. And, I made it pedaling from our place in Novaliches. That's about 25 kilometers one way or 50 kilometers back and forth.

While drinking a refreshing bottle of light beer at Giant Store, I wondered what lies beyond Giant. To satisfy my curiosity, I'd planned of another ride to Giant then beyond.

For two weeks, I was on the drawing board planning my ride, checking the routes, and the distances.

My route: Novaliches - Commonwealth Avenue - Batasan Road - Timberland - Giant - Cabading - Marcos Highway - Sumulong Highway - Soliven/Lilac Street -Gen. Ordonez Avenue - J. Rizal Avenue - Batasan Road - Commonwealth Avenue - Novaliches. The routes covered the four towns of Quezon City; San Mateo, Rizal; Antipolo City; and Marikina City.

The total distance is about 66 kilometers.

Yesterday, I left home at 1:00 PM after eating my lunch. I pedaled for 6 hours (an average of 11 kph).

After Giant, the roads are all paved but rolling. I enjoyed the downhill rush and the uphill climbs as well, albeit grueling. The mountain scenery are so beautiful.

My pitstop at the Wall (after the Siko) to catch my breath.

Another rest at the Giant Store and excited to go beyond Giant

Marcos Highway from Cabading

Marcos Highway towards Cogeo and Masinag

At the corner of Sumulong Highway and Hon. Soliven Avenue checking my map for directions

Checking my directions again along Gen. Ordonez Avenue


No comments:

Post a Comment