Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday ride - UP Diliman


Easter Sunday celebrates the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead.

With my Marin Alpine Trail 29er (TweetyPot), I went to UP Diliman this morning.  I hadn't completed yet my first lap of the Academic Oval, my rear wheel got flat.  Holy shit!  It's a brand new tube.  After replacing the damaged tube with an old one, I resumed my ride and tried the forbidden trails.  Then, after negotiating the single tracks at the University Avenue and Commonwealth Avenue, the rear tire got flat again.  Darn!  New and old tubes, they suffered the same fate.  Their Presta valve base were torn.

Flat again!

After replacing the tube with another new one, I decided to cut short my ride; as, I've no more spare tube.  I always carry two (2) spare tubes in my saddle bag when biking.

And, I'm already getting tired of the frequent flats due to torn Presta valve base.


No comments:

Post a Comment