Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lunch at Angat

This was another impromptu ride.

It's Wednesday and it's my number coding day. Sadly, I woke up late. And, I couldn't drive my car anymore until 10:00 am.

I wasn't in the mood to commute Hence, I decided not to report for work.

While in the PMTB forum, I read again a group ride to Iyah's Overlooking Restaurant in Angat, Bulacan. It's overlooking Angat river. It's about 31 kilometers from our place and would take about two hours to pedal. I checked my time. It's still 8:00 am. If I left an hour later, I'd be there at 11:00 am. And, I thought it's a good idea of having my lunch there.

I started preparing and left at a little after 9:00 am. The weather was cool as there were rains and drizzles in some areas along the way.

At the Sanctuario de Paz, Angat


Two hours later, I was in the restaurant. It's drizzling; then, the rain fell.

From Bulacan


I ordered a cup of rice, tinumis and grilled tilapia from several choices. There were sinigang na baboy, binagoongan baboy, sisig, to name a few. I also ordered beer; but, they don't served alcoholic beverages. I just ordered a bottle of coke. The damage was P98.


After eating, I rest while waiting for the rain to stop. It didn't; and, I left at about 12:30 pm. At the junction to DRT, I turned left and explored DRT.

At the viewdeck just after the DRT / Angat boundary


DRT Municipal Hall

Rehydrate

On my way back, I found the way going to the river



The ride is about 75 kilometers, which took me about 7 hours to travel. I arrived home at about 4:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment