Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day ride

I dedicated my ride today to all fathers - bikers and non-bikers alike. "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY".

I left at around 10:00 am and pedaled toward the Libingan ng mga Bayani in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City. I'd be visiting my father's grave. The distance is about 35 kilometers from our place in Novaliches.

I passed by Tiendesitas and had my lunch there. It's nice for Tiendesitas to have a motorcycle / bicycle park. Luckily, I found a vacant slot.

My lunch of spicy shrimps and kinunot (page or devil fish)



After eating, a long rest and a shopping for a shirt, I continued my journey.

I arrived at the Libingan ng mga Bayani at around 1:30 pm. Unfortunately, the sentry didn't allow me to enter the premises as biking is not allowed. I have to leave my bike at the sentry and go on foot. I tried to explain to the guard that the ban applies only to leisure bikers and not to grave visitors. He has his orders, he told me. "No biking" inside the cemetery for whatever reason.




Okay! That's fine. I thanked him and left. I tried the other entry point along C5 but it's closed.

I just whispered, "Happy Father's Day, Papang!"

On my way home, I passed by Pasay City and Manila City with pit stops at MOA, CCP, and Rizal Park.




The loop's about 85 kilometers; and, I arrived home at 5:30 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment