Monday, May 10, 2010

I almost don't cast my vote

It's election day. The day the Filipino people would elect their leaders - from the president down to councilor. And, it's the first ever automated election in this country.

At 9:00 am, I and wifey went to our precinct to cast our votes. Upon arrival at the our clustered precinct, the place was full of voters. We're given our queue numbers, 305 and 306, respectively. Then, I learned that after 2 hours the precinct opened, the numbers being served were in the fifties only. The process was very very slow. And, I deduced that we could vote by 2:00 pm or even later. And, I didn't want to wait that long (5 hours).

So, I decided to go home and biked. I went again to San Mateo, Rizal and continued my training.

Wifey texted that she voted after 2:00 pm.

I went home from biking by about 5:30 pm. It's good the Comelec extended the voting period from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. I was able to vote at after 6:00 pm. And, it took me less than 30 minutes to do so. I thought I couldn't cast my vote anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment