Sunday, July 4, 2010

Where would I bike?

There's a fun ride this morning to Licao-licao. But, it's too early; and, I woke up late again. I just thought of following them despite the more than an hour lead time. I was sure I could catch them; but, I hesitated. So, I asked myself, "Where would I bike?"

At 8:15 am, with no specific destination yet in mind, I started kicking the pedal. At the corner of Zabarte Road and Quirino Highway, the traffic light to left turn towards Pangarap Village, where the Licao trail head is, was red. So, I turned right towards Nova proper. I continued pedaling and ended up in UP Diliman (via Gen. Luis Ave. SB Diversion Road, Mindanao Ave., & Tandang Sora St.).


After making a few rounds, I exited and crossed to Balara and did some uphill climb at the zigzag portion going to Tumana. Thence, I proceeded towards Marikina City. I pedaled along J. Rizal St. Sumulong Highway and Fernando Ave.

It's lunch time; and, I saw the Tapsihan ni Vivian. I ordered a cup of rice and shrimp ala king.

While eating, I was contemplating where to proceed - Antipolo via Sumulong or Mt. Maarat via Cabading. At the Masinag junction, I decided the latter.
Resting somewhere along the Marcos Highway.

After an hour of pedaling the rolling highway, I reached the hottest part of Antipolo - Bgy. Inarawan. I was wondering where is Bgy. Inulanan.

And, I smiled upon seeing these signs.
While the City of Antipolo remind youth to shun from illegal drugs, it founded a school to teach them to drink. He he he . . .

At this juncture, I decided to turn back and looked for a re-hydration place. And, I found one with videoke.


Thence, I proceeded to San Mateo to climb Timberland Heights before going home.
Resting somewhere in Modesta Subdivision, San Mateo

While resting at Aling Tina's Eatery, my sanity came back and decided not to climb Timberland anymore but to go home. It's about 4:00 pm

It's a good and exciting 9-hour solo escapade of more than 80 kilometers.

No comments:

Post a Comment