Monday, October 5, 2009

I almost reach The Wall

I was glad the weather yesterday afternoon was already good in Metro Manila despite super typhoon Pepeng's presence in the northern part of the country.

At about 1 pm, I left home in Novaliches, Quezon City and proceeded to San Mateo, Rizal to resume my uphill climb training. Last Sunday, I wasn't able to train due to very heavy traffic in going to the training site. San Mateo was still in chaos then. The San Mateo - Batasan bridge was full of debris and occupied by residents in the area practically blocking the road; hence the very heavy traffic.

I parked my car in a nearby village along Kambal Road - one of the roads leading to Timberland Heights. The other road from Barangay Ampid is still impassable as portion of the road connected to bridge has collapsed. The bridge itself is not damaged.

Thence, I pedaled uphill towards The Wall. As I reached the Columbary, my new mobile phone message alert went off. It's time to rest anyway; so, I stopped and read the message. It's just a joke message from a friend. After a few minutes of rest, I rode AlitePot and pedaled uphill until I reached an elbow. I thought I had enough and decided to turn back.

At home, I checked my progress from the Google Map and learned that I almost reached The Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment