Sunday, March 16, 2014

Accident do happen


Yesterday, I joined the ride organized by YummyNia.  The route was Novaliches - Pangarap - Macabud - Licao-licao - Ricafort - Novaliches.

The ride was fun and uneventful until I crashed somewhere in Ricarfort.  I was told by my companions that I was unconscious for about 3 minutes.  I didn't remember what happened, why and how I crashed.  My helmet was damaged; and, I had bruises on my knees and elbows.

I was brought to the nearest hospital, where my injuries were treated and my right shoulder x-rayed.  Good, there's no fracture.

I got my cellphone and called my wife to fetch me.  My bike was entrusted by BackRoger to one of the residents nearby.

After a few minutes, wifey arrived with my two kids.   After settling my hospital bills, we went directly to the National Kidney and Transplant Institute for a CT Scan.  Fortunately, the result was negative.

Accident really do happen.  But, we don't know when and where.  So, we should always wear protective gears, especially, the helmet.  My helmet saved me!

No comments:

Post a Comment