Sunday, May 15, 2011

No dismount climb to Mount Samat in 48 minutes

My first climb to Mount Samat was in Christmas 2009. I dismounted to rest 5 or 6 times. I made another climb in June 2010 with two dismounts.

Last month, I attempted to climb it again coming and pedaling all the way from Novaliches. But, I arrived in Balanga at dusk already. So, I didn't push through with the climb.

Last night, we attended the debut celebration of our niece in Balanga City. Hence, this morning, I had the opportunity to climb Mt. Samat again. And, I'd attempt of doing it non-stop, no dismount - from the arch to the gate.

From Balanga City, I pedaled up to the arch of the Dambana ng Kagitingan. After setting my stop watch, I pedaled off and up. At the gate, my stop watch read exactly 48 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment