Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ride with typhoon "Santi"


We're in La Vista Balanga Inland Resort at the height of typhoon "Santi" yesterday morning.


When my sister-in-law invited us for an overnight stay in the resort, I'd planned of bringing AlitePot and ride within Balanga City again.

I woke up at around 6:00 am and monitored the weather. It was already windy with light rains. Santi's already nearing. I walked around and surveyed the resort.

By 7:30 am, I put AlitePot out of the car and pedaled one round within the resort. Then, I went out to the highway. After pedaling for about a kilometer along the highway towards the city proper, I decided to go back for safety reasons. The wind's already strong; as the typhoon could be over the area already. The resort's spacious enough to bike around. The adjoining mango orchard was open and I pedaled there too.

After an hour of biking, the wind's getting stronger. It made pedaling laborious. Nonetheless, I continued but took extra precautions and watched for falling trees and branches. Fortunately, none befell upon me. There were times that I stopped biking and sought shelter.


The bad weather calmed at about 10:30. And, I went out to the highway again and pedaled for about 30 minutes.

Here are the pictures of the paths and trails I traversed:

Within the resort:





In the Mango Orchard:



AlitePot taking her bath:

1 comment: