Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I reach and cross The Wall


Finally, I did it. The Wall is the dangerous and the infamous uphill curve along the way to Timberland Heights, San Mateo, Rizal . The curve is so sharp and steep. It's located just after the Columbary of the Divine Shrine.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to San Mateo, Rizal to attempt to reach The Wall. I parked along the road just before the damaged bridge and brought out AlitePot.

I'm glad the repair of the bridge has started and on going. Only pedestrians, bikes, and motorbikes can pass over the makeshift bridge, which is a narrow plywood.

After crossing the bridge, I pedaled up to The Wall. I made it; and, I was elated. I didn't attempt to go further and turned back.




From Aling Tina's Eatery, I made a second and third runs. But, I reached the Columbary only and turned back. On my fourth run, however, I again reached and crossed the wall up to about a hundred meters beyond. I stopped and rested before proceeding. While resting, I saw a biker climbing up in a zigzag direction. When he passed by me, I greeted him and his style. Then, I followed him in the same style. After reaching another hundred meters, I turned back.

To conclude my ride, I made another run, the fifth, up to Columbary and returned back to where I parked my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment