Sunday, August 16, 2009

My first bike accident


One place I go for biking is the Neopolitan Business Park. It's located at the back of SM City Fairview. The park has concrete pavements but no buildings yet. Thus, it's become the haven for walkers, joggers, bikers, and other physical fitness enthusiasts. It's about 1.5 kilometers from our place.

This morning, I biked to the park. I made several laps. I tried to count how many but got lost. I estimated it at around 10 laps. A lap is 1.1 to 1.3 kilometers. So, I biked around 10. 2 kilometers. And, that's about 2.5 hours.

After resting, I proceeded back home. Along Quirino Highway, there are pavements that have been bored in preparation for the repairs. It's bumpy passing over them and I tried to avoid them. I attempted to go the sidewalk. But, in process, BikePot and I fell. Ouch!!! I immediately stood up and looked around. Did anybody see me fall? Whew! Nobody's looking at me. He he he . . . I assessed my injury - an abraded right knee only. I also felt slight aching in both my wrists. And, no damage to BikePot except the misaligned water bottle holder.

When I got home, I immediately washed my knee with alcohol. Ouch, again! I'm glad, it's nothing serious.

This is my first accident since I started biking two months ago. Next time, I'll take extra precaution.

No comments:

Post a Comment