Monday, July 21, 2014

A SShort Ride in Laiya, Batangas


We celebrated wifey's birthday last July 20 in La Luz Resort in Laiya, San Juan, Batangas.  We stayed there overnight.

As usual, I brought my bike (my SS rigid 69er) with us in case I could find time to bike.  And, there was!

After eating my buffet breakfast the following day, I set out to pedal towards Lobo, Batangas.  But, my daughter reminded me to be back before 11:00 am.  That would be 2 hours only or about 30 kilometers back and forth.  Albeit short, it's better than nothing.

A steep climb right after exiting the La Luz gate greeted me:
Nice view:
Mountains are cut to build roads:
 A long and winding road:
Another uphill:
Turning around:
The route was unforgiving because of many uphills and slippery roads (walked most of them).  And, I just covered about 10 kilometers only in about 2 hours.

Back at the resort, a quick encounter with the sea then packed up:


No comments:

Post a Comment