Monday, January 17, 2011

I conquer Kennon Road

It's a dream fulfilled; and, I was exhilirated with this achievement. I planned it once but didn't push through.

Biking buddies from Team Adventureros, who are Baguio veterans, dared me to go up to Baguio pedaling. I jokingly agreed. Then, the invitation came. It was set January 16 to 17.

My original plan was to pedal all the way from Novaliches up to Baguio City and meet the Manila group in Marilao, Bulacan. My plan B was to chase and meet them at Tarlac City and plan C at Rosario, La Union. It's the plan C that materialized.

January 17 at 1:00 am, I drove from Novaliches to Rosario, La Union. I arrived there at around 5:00 am. I was met by AllanFB and Kaniboy. AllanFB is our host from Rosario; while, Kaniboy just arrived from Manila by bus. I learned that the 10 bikers from Manila stayed overnight at Villasis, Pangasinan. Inciong, our Baguio host, pedaled down from Baguio to meet us.

From Rosario, La Union, 16 brave souls started the climb to Baquio City via Kennon Road. The distance from Rosario to Baguio City is about 35 kilometers.











No comments:

Post a Comment