Sunday, October 3, 2010

Saddle puzzle

Last September 18, I was on my way to Timberland Heights when I had a minor fall. As a result, the saddle was disengaged from its rails. I tried to replace it; but, I couldn't despite several attempts. So, what I did was I went to a biking friend who lives nearby and ask for his assistance. Fortunately, he has a spare saddle, which he lent to me.

At home, I tried to analyze the situation. The saddle was disengaged without deforming the saddle nor bending the rails. Therefore, it could be replaced.


However, my first try was a failure and so my subsequent attempts. I tried all tricks but to no avail. I brought the saddle to a local bike shop; but, the mechanic there couldn't repair it too.

I followed the advices of my online biking friends - to do the bending technique. This did the trick.





No comments:

Post a Comment